Services & Expertise
We specialize in
In addition, we also
- sheet metal repair and fabrication wiring (small problems to building a harness from scratch) end of restoration "sorting" performance tuning
We have worked on most types of cars, but focus on
- perform major and minor mechanical repairs consult on purchase and sales of collector vehicles
- weld just about anything
- British cars pre-war Fords (mainly Hot Rods) Volkswagens and some other German cars Race cars
- Tractors (an eclectic mix, right?)
Equipment at Eclectic Motorworks includes
- TIG, MIG, resistance (spot), and oxy/acetylene welders English wheel planishing hammer brakes shears bead rollers various forming heads shot bags scores of hammers and dollies
- and a toolbox full of normal mechanic's tools
If you are local, we take on a limited amount of service/maintenance work on the types of vehicles we specialize in.
In the past few years, we've worked on cars including Alfa Romeo, Austin Healey, BMW, Continental Motors, pre-war Chevy, pre-war Ford, Invicta, Jensen, Land Rover, MG TC, MG TD, MG TF, MGA, MGB, MGC, MG Midget, Mini, pre-war Morris, Jaguar XKE, Porsche 356 and 911, Triumph Spitfire, TR3, TR4, TR 250, TR6, Rolls Royce, Volkswagen, a few 1950-60s Chevy/GMC trucks, and some race cars. We've also built custom golf clubs, an outrageous hedge trimmer, and repaired porch railings. Eclectic indeed!
We're always looking for interesting projects. If you have an idea that you'd like to discuss, please feel free to contact us.