Before we install the new carpet we need to make some corrections to the floorboards. These replacement floorboards were installed unpainted and are already showing signs of water damage that we want to stop with a good coat of paint. Additionally, the rear half of the tunnel was installed over top of the floorboards and it should be installed underneath. We will correct this. The floorboards were also missing the passenger foot rest and we’ve ordered a new one to install at the same time.
From the factory the floorboards were painted. These plywood reproductions were installed without any sort of coating and they are cracked, especially near the footwells.
Unfortunately, the previous installation was done with glue. It took significant time to remove the floorboards with as little damage as possible and to then remove the glue and wood remains from the framerails.
After test-fitting the floors to make sure everything was still in the proper place we re-carpeted the rear tunnel half and installed it as the factory would have, beneath the floorboards. Now begins the joy of lining up all of the screw holes and getting the floorboards tightened back down.